Alumni Student Grants
The Alumni Association Student Grants program for the 2022-2023 is now closed. Grant recipients were announced in December 2022.
The Alumni Association’s Student Grants Program provides funding opportunities for student groups and programs that enhance student experiences. The grant program aims to enhance student life and foster positive relationships between the university and the local community by encouraging students to create volunteer community service projects or to design ventures within existing organizations.
Who can apply for a Student Grant?
To apply for a grant from the Alumni Association you must:
- Be organizing a project, event, volunteer effort, etc. that promotes student involvement
- Be a Hopkins student. Students from any of the nine schools may apply. Seniors can apply on behalf of their group. A non-graduating member of the group will need to fill out the final report.
- Be part of a group. Projects that involve only one student are not eligible to receive funding.
- The group must have an account through the University with a Cost Center or Internal Order number. Account information must be provided during the application. If you have any questions about how to access this information, please reach out to your staff account administrator or Student Life Office.
- Projects, events, or volunteer efforts held during the summer are eligible for grants.
Requirements for a successful Student Grant application:
- The submitting group must be an Organized Student Group, that is, it must have a faculty/staff member willing to serve as a project monitor.
- The Organized Student Group's proposed program must link to one or more Alumni Association goals:
- Enhance academics
- Enhance extracurricular activities
- Enhance student life
- Enhance community service
- Applicants may not request more than $1,500.
- The student group’s proposed project must be a volunteer activity. A project that is a required part of the curriculum and/or is receiving academic credit is NOT eligible for funding. Likewise, a project for which participating students will receive wages, salaries, or a stipend is NOT eligible for funding.
- The submitting group must agree to acknowledge the Alumni Association before, during, and after the event or project. (Please see document below for specific recognition guidelines) .
- The submitting group must agree to provide a final progress report late in the Spring semester (please see application for specific deadline requirements).
The Application Process
The 2022 - 2023 Alumni Student Grant application cycle has closed. The 2023 - 2024 cycle will open in August of 2023.
To help you plan for the application cycle, below are some resources:
Recorded Information Session with FAQs
Student Grants Information Session Power Point
Download Budget Template below: