Lauren Thompson, PhD
Dr. Lauren Thompson is the Director of the Interagency Program Office. She provides leadership and management of the collaborative efforts of the DoD and the VA to implement national health data standards for interoperability, and enable secure access and sharing of patient data across both Departments and with private healthcare providers.
• Recognized leader with 30 years of experience as a leader and manager in the public, private, and non-profit sectors
• Known for skillful leadership, collaborative approach, and strategic vision balanced with practical plan implementation
• Ability to drive change through innovation
• Expert in managing highly collaborative and complex programs, program advocacy, and results-oriented operations management
• Skilled at building coalitions with internal and external stakeholders
• Re-established OMB E-Government Federal Health Architecture program as a viable and valuable cross-agency collaborative initiative, leading to government-wide shared services.
• Established new $10 million research organization, developed operating policies and procedures, recruited staff, led creation of multiple community-based research collaborations.
• Turned around Health and Human Services business of federally funded research and development center, resulting in profitable portfolio of strategic engagements with the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, Office of Public Health Emergency Preparedness, HHS Office of the Chief Information Officer, and the National Institutes of Health.
• Led development of business strategy for $200 million health solutions operating unit of global corporation; created strategies for new market penetration, identified and launched new market-based solution offerings, and established academic and industry affiliations.
• Founded management consulting firm offering services to government and private sector clients in strategic planning, business process re-engineering, and information technology consulting.
• Federal Executive Institute, Leadership for a Democratic Society
• Certified Leadership Coach, Georgetown University
• Ph.D., MHSA, Health Policy and Management and Strategic Management, The George Washington University
• Baccalaureate, Biology, Colgate University