Join us on 12/11 at 11am ET for a town hall that rexamines the history of the university's founder
Johns Hopkins students, faculty, staff, alumni, and neighbors are invited to join a virtual town hall discussion to begin a dialogue in response to the recent revelations about previously unknown, direct connections between the university's founder and namesake, Johns Hopkins, and slaveholding. Participants will have a chance to ask questions of our historians and to offer advice and ideas for the path forward.
- Ronald J. Daniels, President of Johns Hopkins University
- Paul Rothman, CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Kevin Sowers, President of the Johns Hopkins Health System
- Martha S. Jones, Society of Black Alumni Presidential Professor and Professor of History and SNF Agora Institute
- Winston Tabb, Sheridan Dean of University Libraries, Archives & Museums
- Chris Celenza, incoming Dean of the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences
- Jeremy Greene, Director of the Institute of the History of Medicine
Katrina Caldwell, JHU's vice provost for diversity and Inclusion and chief diversity officer, will moderate the discussion.