International Community Representatives
The purpose of International Representatives:
To help engage the international alumni population in your area by gathering them on a consistent basis and by serving as a resource to residents, visitors and other university constituents.
Selection criteria for International Representatives:
- You must be a graduate of one of the nine schools of Johns Hopkins University (JHU).
- You must have a primary address in the country you are representing. Ideally, you must live there for at least six months of each year.
- Your country must have a minimum of 100 JHU alumni residents.
Responsibilities of International Representatives:
- Organize a minimum of one event each calendar year for the local alumni population.
- Serve as a resource for alumni within your community. This may include connecting alumni, parents and students and welcoming new alumni to your country.
- Serve as a point of contact for the university and the Johns Hopkins Alumni Association (JHAA) for events or programs held within your country.
- Maintain communication with your staff liaison in the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR).
- Maintain accurate contact information with the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Allow your name and email address to be listed on your community’s webpage.
Support provided to International Representatives by the Office of Alumni Relations:
- A list of local alums and their emails will be provided to you upon completion of a confidentiality form.
- A webpage for your region will be created on the JHAA webpage and will be managed by the OAR team.
- You will have a staff liaison within the Office of Alumni Relations that can assist you with registering and promoting your events
International engagement plays an extremely important part in providing a life-long connection to JHU. For a small investment of time, you can make a major difference within your region’s alumni community. The amount of time you commit to this volunteer position is largely up to you. To meet the minimum responsibilities may only take a few hours throughout the year. However, if you choose to plan more gatherings, manage a social media page, or work with a small committee, it could take additional time.