How to Migrate from Outlook Exchange to Alumni Office 365
- After you’re logged into Office 365, click the Options button near the top-right corner. In the drop-down window under Settings, search for "connected accounts." If the webpage that you see does not look like the image below, please exit out of all open web browsers and log in again by going to outlook.com/alumni.jh.edu (***NOTE: For anyone experiencing browser issues not displaying the “options” icon, please click here for additional information.)
- Click the Connected Accounts button.
- Click on the New button that looks like a plus sign to create a new connection and a popup window will appear.
- Enter your email and password for your Outlook Exchange account in the provided fields, using yourJHEDID@exchange.johnshopkins.edu as your template for the email address. Remember, the password is the same as your JHED password, then click Next. Click ok at the “warning” message.
- On the new account page, click on the light blue IMAP link.
- After clicking the IMAP link, please complete the configuration boxes for the IMAP connection with the requested information. Make sure you enter in both account and server information, then click save. All the information needed can be found in the images below. The Password is your JHED password. The email address should be yourJHEDID@exchange.johnshopkins.edu. The User name is WIN\YourJHEDID. The incoming server is mobileimap.johnshopkins.edu.
- You will be prompted with the first dialog window below – “information”. Please review the message and click ok. Next, click the IMAP connection option on the next window. You should then see a message indicating that your messages are now downloading. If you receive an error, please go back and verify your account and server information. If you are experiencing an issue with an IMAP connection, please open a problem call to Helpdesk at 410-955-HELP to request IMAP enabled for Migration.
- After your Outlook EXCHANGE messages are finished migrating to your new Alumni Office 365 account (Connection status will show ‘OK’), go back to the connected account setting and click the ‘Trash’ icon in the same row as the New button (plus sign) to remove the connection. Your migration is now complete.
- Using the self-service Email Alias tool found in the my.jh.edu portal, please redirect all registered aliases either from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. Select the Enter Custom Address option to manually add email@example.com. Keep in mind, once your JHED record drops the ability to use this tool, you will no longer be able to manage your aliases. Therefore, it is advisable to redirect all aliases once the migration process has been completed.